ELT OUTPUT 2.1

Describe activities that you did in the early days of the class that illustrate (1) a behavioral perspective on second language acquisition, (2) a cognitive perspective, and (3) a constructivist perspective.


         During the process of acquiring second language, the behavioral perspective that I have experienced is when my teacher told us to do an activity where he said to the class that if ever a certain group will win on the given activity, he will give extra points and he will give an exception to the upcoming examination. We did everything and we exerted our time and efforts so that we can win on that activity but the luck did not allow us to win. Hence, we are very happy for our opponents because they deserve that chance for giving their best shots. They received their rewards and we are very happy for their triumph.

          Another one is the cognitive perspective where one time, my language teacher asked us to put the definitions according to the Arabic word that it means and after that, we justified our claims why we chose to put that definitions to the corresponding word. We used our cognitive reasoning based on our understanding to make our statements clear. And I must say that in that activity, we got the highest grade because of using our higher-order thinking and collaborative efforts even if that activity is meant to be as individuals.

          Next one is the constructivist perspective where every time in the second language acquisition class that I attended, we are always being grouped (each group consists of seven members in maximum) and the teacher instructs us to do an experimentation about something, discovering the origin of something and doing some mapping on the possible traces of the language on where it came from. In the group activity, our teacher will collect our ideas that was formed by social interaction and brainstorming within the group discussion. Thereafter, we share ideas and we learned a lot of things especially on the second language acquisition class that I attended.

          These activities that I experienced is so remarkable and it gave significant contribution on the skill that I have now especially when it comes to communicating using foreign language - specifically Arabic and English language. Hope you enjoy reading my journal!<3 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ELT OUTPUT 2.2

ELT OUTPUT 1